Influencer marketing is a type of social media marketing that involves endorsements and product placements from the influencers. For years now, influencer marketing has accounted for a significant share of marketing budgets of roughly 10%–20%.
With social media changing rapidly, it’s important that influencers leverage the hottest influencer marketing trends quickly to develop their authority and expertise, making themselves more attractive to brands. For their part, brands will want to jump on these influencer marketing trends to expand their audience, generate new leads, and earn more revenue.
Some of the trends include:
- Long term relationship with brands- In order to build a solid, organic bond between brands and the influencers’ audience.
- Market Days- Most influencers who have a larger following on instagram have introduced market days to small business owners where they can advertise their products for as low as 500–1000 Kenya shillings.
- New social media platforms and influencers will pop up.In addition to the new platforms,we’ll start seeing new and experimental forms of media along with a big push towards AI-driving influencer marketing plaforms. As technology advances, influencers will come up with even more types of highly shareable content with the potential for virality.
- Influencers will become more specialised. We’ve already seen influencers carving out niches for themselves, and that’s an influencer marketing trend that shows no signs of changing. Influencers will continue to develop expertise in their niche or industry, making them even more sought after by brands in those verticals.
- Increase in influencer collaborations.
- Authenticity .Influencers have to be careful with the content they create for brands, to make sure that the products they take on will resonate with their audiences.This is also something that brands need to watch out for.
Influencers and brands , should seek partnerships only with other influencers and brands whose audiences overlap with theirs. Also, sponsored content should be authentic so as to create excitement about the brand and product you are talking about.
7. Paid Advertising. This is important so that the brand and the influencer can increase and amplify their reach.Through the advertising tools, brands can be able to push content that has been created by the influencer to the target audience without relying solely on organic reach.